Friday, January 6, 2012

The Last Resort Remastered

Besides being the title of this blog, "The Last Resort" is also the title of my most recent attempt at syndication. By recent, I mean 2005! Time flies when you're wallowing in self-pity! Not really, but I did all but give up on this comic strip. Although Universal Press Syndicate did say my work was "well done (and the) dialogue and artwork are consistently good" no syndicate would represent me. I was met with a slew of form rejection letters. The newspaper industry had begun it's downward spiral into the crapper and, along with it, my hopes of having a syndicated strip. I took a break from cartooning and focused my efforts on my career as a graphic designer and my family.

It wasn't until this year that I got  the bug to start drawing again. I begin by posting the first panel from my 2005 attempt at syndication. In those days I drew everything by hand and the entire submission was in black and white. I'm in the process of digitally remastering the work in color and will post them all upon completion. There are about 50 comics in all. In addition, I have hundreds of files of half finished jokes and sketches that I hope to draw up when time allows. God willing, I'll even post some brand-spanking-new stuff when inspiration strikes me.

Thanks for reading!