Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Last Resort: Urinal Cake

I didn't get a chance to work on the comics this weekend. My brother-in-law got married and the reception was on Saturday. We had a great time, great food and a lot of great memories. It was a lot of fun.

My wife's friend DJ'd the event. Hanging out with him and hearing some of the old artists like Rob Base, reminded of going out to clubs. I've never had any dance moves, pick-up lines, or any kind of "game" for that matter. I was fortunate enough to have a few friends who were/are DJs. I'd spend the evening drinking, getting in their way, making stupid commentary and generally frightening off all the hot chicks. The booth was a great place to people watch and think. A lot of great comic ideas came out of nights spent in the clubs.

This one in particular was directly influenced from a night of drinking. Like all of my comics, it's probably a lot funnier if you're drunk but the notion of advertising anti-drug messages on urinal cakes still amuses me. No way in hell somebody came up with this idea in an unaltered state of mind.