Friday, March 23, 2012

The Last Resort: End Of The Road

Well that's it for The Last Resort....the old material that is. Like the show about the dead people, that's the first 48. Give or take. When I submitted this strip for syndication back in 2005, most syndicates required 48 panels. None of them in color. The panel you see here was actually the last panel in my proposal. It was also a declarative statement for me as a cartoonist. After a decade of frustration, this was my best shot at syndication and I was done. I felt I'd "made it" even if I never did get published. Looking back, I'm still pretty proud of it all but I'm still pretty done with trying for a syndicated strip.

This blog is now my strip and I have to say I'm very happy with  it. I have to thank my wife, once again, for talking me into it and for being my biggest fan. She's the best! The last three months have been a fun exercise in blogging and rewarding to see my entire syndication proposal in color.... AND I created some new stuff along the way!!

Is this truly the end of the road for The Last Resort?  HARDLY!  Roads? Where I'm going I don't need no stinking roads! I still have a ton of old material laying around that I can color and share with the world, dating all the way back to the early days in 1988-89. I also have a lot of jokes written for The Last Resort that I've never bothered to draw up yet and a couple new ones I came up with this year. There should be plenty more coming from me but there's no way I'll be able to update daily. I have a full time job and a family but I'll do what I can.

I'll start with a new section called "Saturday Morning Cartoons" and see how it goes....that is I'll post whatever I come up with during the week on Saturday mornings. After it's posted I'll archive it to a new tab called "Saturday Morning Cartoons" in case you miss a post. So, look for the Last Resort to post weekly starting on March 31, 2012!! Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope you'll keep reading!