Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hamizilla: Illustration for Parry Gripp

This is a little departure from my usual cartoons. Parry Gripp put out a call for artist this week to illustrate his song "Hamizilla". I knew immediately I wanted to do it. Parry Gripp's songs are great! Getting the chance to illustrate one was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. It's the least I could do for the guy who created "Up Butt Coconut". Take a listen...If you don't think it's funny then you already have an Up Butt Coconut. Good luck removing it.

Anyway, here's the illustration in it's six-nipple glory!! Hopefully Parry likes it and it gets selected. If not, I have a pretty bad-ass illustration for the gallery. I'm so happy with it, I decided to make a desktop background out of it. It's available under the new Downloads tab at the top.  I think the reason I like it so much is because, with illustrations, I can spend a little more time creating them. It becomes about the art itself and is the reason I got into cartoons in the first place. My favorite thing about the piece (besides his six-pecs) is that he's wrecking shop in my home town of Baltimore. Who hasn't come to Baltimore and had the same fantasy?! I got to live the fantasy through this radioactive mutant hamster! Very cool.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do and hopefully it makes the video!  GO! GO! HAMIZILLA!