Sunday, August 19, 2012

MesyComics.com Has Launched!

Like, the first monkey shot into space, MesyComics.com has launched!  Technically I should say "relaunched" .... but since the 2005 launch was such a brief and utter failure I doubt anyone even remembers it. So, I'm calling this the launch.

How is MesyComics.com any different than this blog?   I suppose you can consider this the mouth of Mesy Comics and MesyComics.com as the new face. I wanted a more professional format in which to showcase my comics, illustrations and graphic design. Eventually the site will include all three. Right now it's just a gallery for The Last Resort and The Cheez. As I produce more comics and get my graphic design portfolio updated, they will be displayed as well. Currently there is some over-lap but I plan to eliminate most of that over time.

The only thing I plan to keep here is the blog and maybe the downloads portion. I'm still working out the kinks. I do know that this will be the less formal side of Mesy Comics: a place where I can announce new projects, post commentary, and whatever else I feel like rambling about.  The new site will mainly be a gallery.

To commemorate the launch I've re-branded the company and composed this illustration in honor. I've also included a copy under the downloads in case anyone would like to use it as a desktop background.

Thanks for taking an interest in my work and I hope you enjoy the Mesy Comics journey as much as I have. It's been an exciting year and I'm looking forward to seeing where else this goes!