Sunday, September 28, 2014

Inktober 2014 Is Almost Here!

It's hard to believe September is drawing to a close and Inktober is almost here!  What is Inktober you ask? In short, it's where you draw one ink drawing a day, every day, for the month of October. It's a pretty loose set of rules but if you want them, please check them out here.  The event was created by Mr. Jake Parker, in 2009, who's work I was introduced to only this year. I love his style and admire him as both an artist and an instructor! Do yourself a favor and check him out.

So this month I'll be trading in my Wacom for some Micron! Got my pens and I'm ready to go!



I haven't inked anything on paper since the very early 90's. This will be a challenge in every sense of the word but I'm excited. My goals are simple: build practice, make some comic imagery and have fun! How could that go wrong?  As long as I keep it simple Inktober should be fun. I made a new banner for the blog to celebrate the month. I'll be posting that, along with my first update on October 1st. Stay tuned...

In other news, I made some slight changes to the blog to make it more streamline. Now that I got as many "new" panels of The Last Resort done as my initial batch, I grouped them all into one gallery. It's your best viewing option if you're just here for the Last Resort comic strip. Please see the tab above.

Lastly, I've regained some focus as of late. I love comics and that's what I'm returning to. I still plan to practice illustration work but I'll keep posting of that to a minimum. It's been fun exploring that. I learned a lot of technique over the last year but still have a long way to go. I think my "style" will end up being cartoony. It's in my blood and I think I'm better off accepting that than to try and be something I'm not. We shall see...I don't feel like you can choose your style. Your style chooses you over time. Anyway, I'm going to continue to put in the time when I can and let it evolve organically. Anything I feel worth sharing will most likely be left to Twitter posts or go straight to the Sketch and Illustration page. See the tab above if that interests you.

Thanks for checking in. Grab some paper and ink and I'll see you all in Inktober!