Saturday, November 1, 2014

InkTober Day 31: Rest in Peace Inktober

I had to finish inking this one today because I took my girls trick-or-treating and was too wiped to stay up and finish.


I'm 31 and done! Participated in and completed my first ever InkTober challenge.  Feels good!  Thank you to all of you who tuned in and supported me through this.

I hit all my goals: practiced drawing and inking, made some comics and had fun!  Even better I finished all 31 days and I got a lot more out of this than I thought I would.

-- It forced me to produce under pressure. Although some of the subject matter was old, I got 31 new drawings out of it.

-- I came up with a surprising amount of brand new comics that I ended up liking and will probably turn into strips for The Last Resort. I think 18 of the 31 have potential.  That's 18 new comics I didn't have before this began!

--It forced me to work faster. By working every day I could tell I was drawing quicker than I normally would

--It also was a bigger challenge than I thought it would be. So hard coming up with a new idea every day in between working a full time job and raising a family.

I'm drained. So while it was fun it was also taxing. Felt like I just finished working out and I could use a rest....but not too long. I'm eager to get back to my usual comics.

See you soon!