Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy 70th Birthday Dad!

I made this cartoon illustration for my dad who turned 70 today! He's been a great father and the hardest working man I know. He'll down-play his intelligence but he got a superlative mind for all things mechanical. He spent his working days as an auto worker and was always fixing everyone's car we knew when I was growing up. He's built houses, cleared land, raised barns...you name it. My dad has an amazing talent for building and fixing things. He reads manuals and schematics for fun. I think he would have made a great engineer.  A great family man and provider, my dad modeled what a dad should be: Strong, loving, charitable, kind, loyal, hard working and good-natured. He's helped make me what I am today and I hope my kids look back on their time with me and feel the same about me.

I'm so glad I got to spend the day with you today dad. I love you. Happy 70th birthday!