Friday, February 27, 2015

100 Days of Making Comics: Day 8...Roughs Complete

Happy Friday everyone and an a Great Day 8 for me in the 100 Days of Making Comics challenge!

For those of you who don't know, I'm a week into a 100 day challenge, where I spend at least 30 minutes a day working on a personal comic project. For my challenge, I've chosen to rewrite and draw an ashcan comic I made in the early 90's called The Caped Sphincter...a superhero farce about a big butt in a cape. I'm taking what was a two issue book (I only ever finished issue 1) and making it as a 4 issue mini-comic (5.25" x 8.25") of 12 pages each. Last time was B&W and this time I'm going full color with it. It should be better than the original book when I'm done but don't expect anything too serious and we should all have a good time.

That being said, I'm pleased to announce that Issue 1 is completely roughed! I'm so happy because now I can get down to work doing the fun stuff...PENCILS! I put about 2.5 hours in yesterday to finish roughing out the last 3 pages of the book. We had some snow here in Baltimore so I worked from home for half a day and then called out for the rest. In hindsight I would have been better off going to work but I don't like to take chances when it comes to snow...turned out to be only an inch! Should have gone in but what are you going to do? Can't predict the weather so I made the most of it and spent some time on my own stuff.

Pencils are such a good way to start off this weekend. Enjoy your Friday everyone and thanks for stopping by.