Saturday, March 28, 2015

100 Days of Making Comics: Days 30-36, Another Word for Weak

Good Saturday morning to you all! Thanks for stopping by for my weekly update on my 100DMC journey.

I have to say I'm enjoying the heck out of this project!!  I haven't found putting in the actual time to be that much of a challenge but I have found making comics to be one. If you ever thought about it, I recommend giving it a go. You can learn a lot...and you certainly will appreciate the pros a lot more. I found writing and plotting to be the hardest task so far, but now that I'm taking this book a little more seriously, I find all kinds of new ideas cropping up. I'm feeling like I might want to keep going with this long after my 100 days are up. I won't do it exclusively but I think I'm going to add it to the least of features on this blog....variety is the spice of blogging right? Between, The Caped Sphincter, The Last Resort, The Cheez and Sketches I'm hoping there will be a little something for everyone who likes cartoons.

So, I got five pages down on my comic. I should be happy about that but if it were a crossword puzzle the clue would be "5 Down: Another word for weak."  5 pages out of 12 is very good and I'm on pace to finish Issue 1, but I want MORE!!  Between my real job and my family obligations, I just didn't have time to put in much more than five or six hours this week.  Since there are spoilers on the page, I can't show it, but I did draw Earthworm Jim the other day. Here it is again in case you missed it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! And tune in next week when I hope to be past the half way mark!!