Saturday, April 4, 2015

100 Days of Making Comics: Days 37-40, League Minimum

Welcome back to my humble corner of the internet!  This week's post is as short as the time I had to put in this week but I'm making the promise to have some new visuals posted mid week at the latest. I have Easter part one today with the family and Easter part two tomorrow with the other half of the family. Weekends have always been my best chance of getting comics time in so I'll have to push extra hard this week.

This week was another league minimum, 30 min a day kind of week. It makes you realize the importance of sticking to that and why this challenge has these rules in the first place.  When you start the 100 days challenge, it's usually at a place in you life when you have some free time and the energy to do something creative. Sooner or later life throws it's usual bag of dirty diapers at you or a cold or some other roadblock and you don't feel like doing anything but curling up in the fetal position in bed. My week wasn't that bad but it wasn't great.  Still I pressed on. Got the minimum 3.5 hours in and still almost got page 6 done.

If you're in this challenge, THIS is the time when you need to stick to your schedule and just do it. Sure I was hoping to be done with PG6 this week, but it would have been so easy to not do anything and 75% of a page is better than nothing.  So PRESS ON Comics Making Soldiers! Keep making comics!

Gotta go get ready for the Easter double header but I promise to put up what I can of PG6 this week when it's done AND I'll put up something else...either another panel of The Last Resort or sketch or something. So I'll see you back here in a few days! Thanks for checking in.

P.S. I'm  sucker for challenges and requests so, if anybody's got one, I'll do my best to accommodate. Leave a comment, email me or message me on Twitter. The only reason I did a couple of the Sketch Dailies is because somebody requested I do them. Taking requests is a good way to develop skills in an area or subject you might not otherwise attempt. And that's my tip of the day. :)