Friday, April 24, 2015

100 Days of Making Comics: Days 55-61

Gotta make this short and sweet today folks...also why I'm posting early... I'll be traveling part of today and tomorrow so I won't be able to post.  I'm taking my sketchbook with me so I can still get my time in doing character studies, concept art or plot.  I'll try to do a follow up post early in the week with some sort of art.

Last week was a GREAT week thanks to my wife's book club. I had a relaxing time in my lair drinking a few beers and drawing for hours!  I was a little concerned the beer might have made drawing difficult but it wasn't like I was throwing down, so it was great!  Inked PG 7 and went back to add some more inks to the other 6 pages.  I've decided I like more black than what I'd had.  I'm not sure how this will look with colors, since I've never colored The Caped Sphincter before but if it looks good as inks alone, it should look even better colored.  Very happy with the first 7 pages.

For those of you trying the 100 Days of Making comics challenge yourself: I highly recommend large blocks of time to work on your comics if you can swing it. 30 min a day makes sure you keep things moving but that big session I had on Sunday was heaven! The longer I worked the more I got into a grove....sometimes you can draw yourself out of a funk or a slow start. With just 30 minutes it can be rough on those days where the drawing just aren't up to snuff.

See you all when I get back and I'll post some kind of art early in the week.  If it weren't for worrying about the spoilers I'd post PG7.  I really love a couple panels on that page.  Alas, I'll have all 12 done soon enough and post them then.

 I'm posting everything I got at the end of 100 days regardless of whether this book is done or not.  Inks will definitely be done.  Coloring may be an issue....seems I overestimated the free time I'll have while doing this project.  I'll post colors as soon as I get them done if it takes longer.

Later, everybody!