Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Post-It Sketches: The Tick

I'm addicted to these Post-It note sketches. They are so much fun. Would be nice if the materials were archival but you can't have everything. I love the quick nature of them and the coloring challenge aspect. The fact that these are done with cheap disposable materials is what makes them so liberating.

I'm still learning how to use markers but I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting for only being eight sketches in. For those of you unfamiliar with the comic, these guys are from Ben Edlund's, "The Tick"....classic comic book from the late 80's and was made into an animated series and later a live action TV show. I'm really happy with how The Chainsaw Vigilante and Man-Eating Cow came out. Arthur's only in there because he's the sidekick. Nobody likes the sidekick!

Enjoy!