Saturday, May 9, 2015

100 Days of Making Comics: Days 69-75, Happy Day You Mothers

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you moms out there....though I seriously doubt many of them are reading this blog. I've never met a mom yet that thought a comic book about a butt in a cape was a good idea and that includes both my mom and my wife.  Still, I march boldly on! My spirits are buoyed by the tremendous increase in traffic I've received since starting this challenge and I'm working hard to give you guys a finished comic in just 25 days!

That's right folks, today is day 75 in my journey of 100, in which I spend at least 30 minutes a day working on my personal comic book project, The Caped Sphincter.  I have no art to show today due to spoilers but I hope to have some this week or next report. Getting ready to start Pg 9 (out of 12) and I think I can show some art on that one....stay tuned.

The biggest announcement I have to make today is that the first issue of The Caped Sphincter will be released right here on JUNE 1ST!!  I have some earned time off from my day job and have taken the entire week off following memorial day, to complete this comic and get some other projects done. Come hell or high water this first issue will be done. I want it colored but in the very least inks will be done.

I'm very excited to get it to you guys. I'm so appreciative of the interest and support. I hope you all like it. I'm also very excited because June marks the 19 year anniversary of my original comic. When I'm finished issue two, I'll post the 1996 version for you to compare. I think I've come a long way in my drawing and story telling abilities.

For those of you just joining me, I originally drew a 1-shot issue of The Caped Sphincter in 1996 and sold a few copies at my local comic store. It was a 22 page story with a cliff hanger ending. I wrote and penciled Issue 2 but it never saw print.  This year I decided to take the 100 Days of Making Comics challenge and redo both books into 4, 12 page comics. I've enjoyed making comics so much that I'm going to keep going until all 4 are done.  I hope to have all 4 done by June of 2016.

So there you have it.  The Caped Sphincter No. 1 will be released, June 1st, 2015 and Nos. 2-4 will be released over the course of the following year, as I complete them....guess, that's 4 consecutive tours of 100 Days of Making Comics.  How about I'll just say I'm making comics?!!

Thank you ALL for the love and support but the most thanks to my mom!! She's 75 today and has given me more love and support than anyone!  I love you mom!! Happy birthday and happy mother's day.