Wednesday, September 30, 2015

InkTober 2015

October is here and it feels like a rebirth of sorts, because with it comes Inktober and the one year anniversary of my participation in the event. For those of you who don't know, Inktober is a movement started by Jake Parker where you get back to analog drawing for a month: specifically ink drawing.

I liken it to a rebirth for me because it was shortly before this time last year that I got active with social media and became internet-friends with a lot of great artists and nice people. Their (your!) interest in my Inktober efforts helped energize me to make new art, dedicate myself to drawing more and eventually led to me finishing the 100 days of making comics challenge this past spring.  Its been a great year! Although I hit a slump this summer, I'm ready to get back on the horse and make some art!

For those of you hoping to have Issue 2 of "The Caped Sphincter" by now, I'm sorry. I choked. No excuses. I fully intended to start it right after Issue 1 was complete but I didn't like the writing I had and froze. I beat myself up over it pretty bad and I think that's what caused the slump. I wasn't having much fun. So, I've cut myself a break and I'm just doing whatever I want to draw, whenever I want to draw it, and having fun again.  TC Sphincter 2 will get made. I just don't know when.

In the meantime, I'm using Inktober 2015 to start drawing every day in my sketch book...which, I've never done or even had before! This Inktober I'm focusing on the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. That's it. No clue what I'm drawing until the day of but I'm excited about it. So much so that I started a day early!

Here's my first page in my first ever sketch book using the brush pen. Follow me on Twitter @mesycomics for daily updates as I complete them. I won't post here daily but I'll make a gallery by the end. For last year's gallery, please check out the tab at the top of this page!

Thanks for checking in and enjoy!