Monday, May 2, 2016

This Week In Mesy Comics: Week 8, Drawing on the Horizon

Happy Monday! I'm pleased to report the nasty virus has run it's course and I'm getting back into a groove. I'm polishing off the script and will be doing roughs this week.

I apologize for the lack of speed and lack of art to post. Writing is a bit of a stumbling block for me and the reason I quit on the comic last time. It's tough even now. I'm slow and apprehensive and the process is painful but I'm pushing through. I think it may have been easier if I had a large block of time to just sit in a closed room and plow through writing but this chipping away a little each morning is less than ideal. I'm not that awake this early to handle the mental challenge of writing and the fear has me moving at a snail's pace. Some mornings I hit snooze and don't even get up in time to put in the work. Motivation is a big problem. It's very frustrating.

But enough of my woes. I persevere and I'll post some roughs next week.

Sketch Cover
I felt bad about not having any art again so I did this sketch cover on Saturday. Then, of course, I beat myself up for using that block of time to draw rather than write. Whatever! I thought it was a cool sketch cover concept. They left the cover blank in the area of the painting that Harley Quinn is holding and that is the section I filled in.

Enjoy!